Sunday, December 18, 2011

A little blogging break

I must admit that I LOVE to blog...but mostly I love reading other people's blogs and not writing my own.

I was totally ready to do my "thankful" blogs every day in November...however all I could think of was "I am so thankful for this amazing little life growing inside me". Since I had not gone public with this info, I just had to stop. I know there are a MILLION other things that I could say I am thankful for. God is SO great and I am thankful for all of the many blessings in my life. Since I was just busting at the seems to tell, I had to quit posting. I swear I only made like 2 posts on facebook the whole time I was waiting to tell. It was pure torture.

I'm so glad that we waited to tell though. I am very thankful for so many things and all of the supportive people I have in my life. Today I am 15 weeks and our baby's heart is thumping really well.

My very favorite season is here. I have been so unmotivated to decorate, so all we have is a red glittery "Merry Christmas" sign above our television, and a naked Christmas tree. Every day when I get home from school I throw up and then sleep, so decorating has not been on my agenda. Next year I will decorate with all the wonderful ornaments that I have and take a million pictures. I am pretty proud of myself that ALL of our shopping is done and everything is wrapped.

Our neighbors houses all look AMAZING with all of their lights. We've gotten a few gift cards lately as "late wedding presents". They are all to Lowe's or Home Depot, so I'm hoping they will have good after Christmas sales on the light up reindeer's for outside or these. One house in our neighborhood, that has a LOT of windows facing the road, has lights in the shape of Christmas ornaments in every window. I think it looks FANTASTIC!

On a really horrible note, I saw a nativity on my drive to Brandon's parents house a couple of weeks ago. It had Mary on one side, Joseph on the other and a HUGE Santa in the middle instead of a manger...It has been bothering me ever since. It has to have been the most horrid thing I have seen in a while.

No comments: