Sunday, March 4, 2012

Little girls

I'm a very terrible blogger! Hopefully I'll get a little better when my little princess decides to make her appearance.

On January 31, 2012 at 10:36AM my precious little baby showed us her goods! We are so excited! The sonographer asked us if we wanted to know the gender. We of course said yes.

*I must add this little tidbit*- on the way to the doctor, I commented that I have been having TERRIBLE problems with my vision. I cannot see screens / technology that are not right up to my face. It's all terrible blur.

Back to the story...the sonographer put that dopler on my belly and said "oh, it wants you to know too". Then she typed something and everyone (mom, dad, hubby) got to read it and were smiling. I said "well, does it say boy?" The sonographer said "Are you blind?" Then she told me "It's a girl!" Then she was very nice to turn her nifty machine to where I could see it since I could not see the monitor on the wall at ALL. The very first sonogram shot that we have is of our little girl with her legs spread wide open (her daddy does not aprove).

Brandon just knew I would cry. I did not cry. I am totally excited though! Usually I cry with joy, and that's why he thought there'd be some tears. I did cry two days before our appointment just thinking about hearing "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!"

We have done almost nothing to get ready for our baby. We have received TONS of clothes and today we picked out a paint color. Next weekend we'll be working on the baby room: moving the current furniture upstairs and painting the walls.

Luckily, the baby is due 4 weeks after our last day of school, so hopefully we'll have plenty of time to think about things then.

I would like to end this post by giving a big shout out to the wonderful young man at Kroger that cleaned up my puke today. I feel terrible for you, but you didn't even bat an eye at my poor husbands request. I went 18 weeks of throwing up every day (and not ONCE in public) and although I no longer puke EVERY day...today was a different story...However, I do feel wonderful now and I am SO thankful for that dude at Kroger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A daughter! How wonderful! Congrats! (And I agree, bless that boy a Kroger and his mom for teaching him right;)