Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Open House!

So, tomorrow is open house :) I'm excited! I also got a sneak peak at some kids that I taught last year and I'm super excited that I get some of the same kids that I really enjoyed having for Spanish I.

I have to make my little sign in the morning that says "Ms. McMahan, Spanish I & II".

I'll have to take pictures of my classroom so everyone can see my bright colored bulletin board...it's orange background with all kinds of multi-colored borders.

Last year I taught the same thing 5 times a day (Spanish I) and this year and I am teaching Spanish I and II. I'm so happy to not have the same thing all day. Also, I'm teaching 6 classes instead of 5.

So how's the running going? It's going...It's harder now that I'm busy, but I'm sticking with it. There are a lot of people at work preparing for marathons/5k's apparently, so I'm going to do this! I haven't weighed myself. I walked 3.5 miles yesterday and 3.5 today, but no running. I'm going running in the morning. We don't have to be at school until 11, so if I go around 7:30 I'll be fine. I'm going to be at school at 9, because I'm an over achiever and I want to get everything done.

Still eating very healthy food though! Tonight we had a grilled chicken breast, a little rice, and a nice salad...at lunch I had a bunch of veggies and some roast beef at some restaurant...But I'm happy with how everything is going!

No comments: