For the last two years, I have come up with fun things to do for each day leading up to Christmas. I put them on a cute card and label the envelopes 1-25. Each day there is an activity that we can do together to get in the Christmas Spirit.
Here are the ideas for this year:
-Ride around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights while drinking a hot beverage (mine will probably be mother's milk tea...see last post)
-Go see Santa
- Make hand-made gifts for grandparents
- Go see the Nutcracker (we'll be leaving Benson at home for this one). http://www.gcsu.edu/theatre/docs/gcsuseasonbrochureposterfinalfortheatrewebsite201415_1_.pdf This is the performance at Georgia College December 12, 13, 14.
- Watch Christmas movies (this is usually more than one day)
- Read Christmas books (I need to put some on hold at the library- suggestions welcome)
- Shop for someone we adopted for Christmas
- Make ornaments http://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653825475064/ (all you do is fill a clear ornament with marshmallows and decorate the outside)
- Make Christmas trees out of paper rings http://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653825554514/
- Callaway Gardens drive through lights- the groupon is over in 7 hours (http://www.groupon.com/deals/callaway-gardens-4?utm_source=rvs&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=3125087)
- Christmas parade in Jones County (December 9th)
- Bake / decorate cookies
- Deliver a special something to the neighbors
- Make reindeer hands
- make a marshmallow snowman
- Lake Wildwood boat ride and Christmas lights (another one we may need to leave Benson at home for, but we'll see)- they have not released the information for this year, but here is the website for when they do post the dates http://www.lakewildwood.org/cotl/
- Gray UMC Drive-thru nativity (free hot chocolate- date is TBA)
- Make Gingerbread Houses
-breakfast with mommy and buy gifts for daddy.
- breakfast with daddy and buy gifts for mommy.
- chick-fil-a on Tom Hill to drive-thru lights
I only need 3 more, but they will probably either be a book, a movie or another craft!
What do you have planned for December?