Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a boring week!

So this week has been filled with testing for my kids. They're taking the state high school graduation tests this week, well my 11th graders are. Since half my classes are 10th and the other half 11th graders in all of my classes, I decided to go easy on them.

Monday was a good day. My students know nothing about geography, nor do they care. But their previous teacher skipped the unit on geography, so I decided to take this opportunity to do some geography stuff. One class was only able to name 5 of the 27 countries in Latin America. It was kind of sad.

Tuesday was an okay day. We watched a couple of clips from discovereducation.com about Latin American history. Some classes had better discussions than others.

Today and tomorrow we're watching either Shrek or Finding Nemo in Spanish. The kids said they wanted those two movies, but they don't want to watch them in Spanish. I was even generous enough to put the English subtitles on for them....still whining..Oh well!

Friday will be good though, because we can move on! Testing will be over and I will be oh so glad!

The end is in sight! 42 more days of class and we will be finished for the year! Spring break is in two weeks, and I cannot wait! I think Tyler and I are going to go camping...well that or go see my sisters....not sure yet.

So lots of exciting things have been happenig in my life, but I can't really talk about them yet...Let's just say there will be a new twist to this blog :) I'm so excited! I just wish this whole process would hurry up, but apparently I need to be EXTRA surprised.

No comments: