Friday, August 7, 2009

Another year older...

So I turned 22 yesterday. It was a GREAT birthday. Crystal (my new roommate) and I went to her grandparents lake house and laid on the dock for about six hours. Then a bunch of friends surprised me and met us for dinner at a seafood place on the lake, which rocked! Then we jammed out to Katy Perry (my new cd) the whole way home....got home, checked facebook and went to bed!

Now, for those of you who don't teach maybe this doesn't sound like a blast, but to me, a week before school starts, one day of pure relaxation is AMAZING!

One week from today I have to head back to work. I'm very excited about this year though. Last year I started with students who had a different teacher at the beginning of the year, so it was a difficult, although smooth, transition. This year they will be all mine from the very beginning! I'm actually going to have a lot of the same students from last year, but it will just be different in general.

My emotions have been shot to heck this summer, but I'm recovering well. I'm ready for school to be here so I can be busy all the time and not have time to think about people that no longer matter. Everyone, and I mean everyone says, "you're so lucky to have found out now"...well you're not lucky to have something like that happen EVER to you, BUT I know that God has much better plans for my life, so that's what I'm looking forward to for this year.

I have no idea where God will take me next year, but I'm willing to do almost anything.

Off to spend those birthday bucks <3

3 comments:

faith said...

I agree. You are not lucky to have something like that happen to you. You seem content. That is awesome. :) And your birthday sounds like it was a lot of fun. I like relaxing and doing nothingish stuff.

Wendy Davis :) said...

Thanks! It's been a long summer, but I can't really think of a day (except maybe the first two) that I just sat around and pouted all day. I have stayed pretty busy up until this week before school starts again.

faith said...

Staying busy and having a lot of close friends is key to getting through something like that. :) You are a champion. I keep you in my prayers. I know how hard something like that is.