Saturday, August 22, 2009

First days :)

I would just like to say, I had an amazing first two days of school! Thank you for anyone who prayed for me.

I do have to say, I was scared to death because I didn't have rosters before school. If I had stuck to the good ole' teach those who come, I would have been teaching everyone from last year, because apparently they all wanted me...

Our school separates 9th grade from the rest of the highschool, so my first period was a class full of 10th graders that were on their very best behavior. Some of them were still half asleep, and others were scared to death at the thought of learning a new language. All in all I think they were very excited and you could really tell their enthusiasm yesterday when we started learning how to say lots of things in Spanish.

I was slightly concerned about my 2nd period class, because although I did not have a roster, the students had their schedules. At open house one of my students mentioned to me that he and half the football team were all in my class together. These are football players that all play baseball together as well...so they are all really good friends. BUT...as it turns out, they were actually fairly well behaved. I taught the majority of them last year, so they are all familiar with my rules.

The rest of the day was great. My last class of the day was a little wild Thursday, but they were on their best behavior yesterday.

I did manage to make it to the track on Thursday, which was great! My feet hurt so bad from standing all day and then doing about 3 miles...but it's all good. I did treat myself to some ice cream when i finished :)

Yesterday I went out to eat and then to see a friend that had back surgery, so I didn't get to run at all, but I'll make up for it today.

No comments: