Sunday, July 31, 2011

And the summer comes to an end

So, just for a quick update about not eating out- we're doing AWESOME! We have been to chick-fil-a a couple of times on our way to the beach, but we have cooked every night since I started this whole business. My hubby is keeping me honest too...the other day I was REALLY wanting some zaxby's and he said "we're not eating out- fix yourself a sandwich". What a great husband.

On Thursday we will return to work! Yikes! I feel very much not ready to return, but it'll be fine. I'm going to need a LOT of prayer for my attitude. I got some MAJOR low blows this summer that were VERY unfair in my opinion. I'm trying VERY hard to get past them, but it's very hard when the negative things KEEP piling up.

I don't usually whine, but my husband has gotten a full dose of Negative Nancy these last few weeks. He's ready for Possitive Polly to come back. So, this will be a very different kind of year for me, but I'm hoping and praying for the best and for God to shine His light through me. He's only going to be able to do that if I adjust my attitude and stay possitive, so here's to that!

On another note- I rearranged my classroom this week. It works. Today we got some school supplies. This is the first year that I have bought the bare minimum, but let's be honest- there were NO back to school sales around here AND I don't have the money to buy everything I usually buy. No penny paper, no penny pencils, no penny anything! So, I spent a giftcard to target on some supplies a couple of weeks ago, and today I spent $20 on some other stuff.

It is going to be a fantastic year because I'm going to make it one :)

No comments: