Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You're the crust to my pizza

I've always really hated pizza. I couldn't really tell you why, other than I used to have some stomach issues that made digesting cheese difficult...However, I couldn't really tell you when I started hating pizza.

Over the years I have decided I like Papa John's pizza. Don't know why exactly, but I do. I have only had it once since my hubby and I have been together, but it's not my hubby's favorite, so that's fine by me. I have ALWAYS loved pizza crust. I know, I know- most people don't even eat the crust, but I LOVE it. I despise pizza with a horrible crust.

My hubby has pizza at least once a week. If it's from pizza hut (which happens to be the only big name pizza place in our small town) he's going to order a stuffed crust meat lover's pizza. I will not eat that, because there is WAY too much cheese for me. I order wings if we decide to order pizza. We have a little italian place in town that serves pizza, but the crust is terrbile, so he always gets a meat lovers calzone. Everything is either meat lovers or pepperoni if he's going to get pizza.

Today we were both REALLY hungry and needed to go to Macon (which has far more restaurants) anyways, so I told him he could pick where we ate lunch. He picked Mellow Mushroom, which is fine because they have some GREAT hoagies. I ordered half of a greek salad and half of a steak and veggie hoagie. Hubby ordered pepperoni pizza. My hubby's favorite pizza crust comes from Mellow Mushroom, and I think it could possibly be his favorite pizza place. Today I found myself craving for some pizza crust. I asked him if I could have a bite of his pizza and he said "yes. just not the crust"...I was so bumbed. I declined the offer because I despise hot pepperoni (love it cold though). On his last piece of pizza he gave me his crust, of course after he had explained how much he truly LOVES the crust. I love my man...he knew exactly what I wanted. That crust sprinkled with parmasean cheese....YUM!

No comments: