Sunday, December 5, 2010

I lost 5 lbs. this week!

That's right, this week I cut out almost all carbs and I went to the gym 5 days. I'm so happy to be down 5 lbs. I wasn't going to start in January, but a friend of mine could get married whenever (long story, boyfriend in military) and the dress doesn't quite fit, so I've got to lose weight before January.

This weeks routine:
Morning:
Wake up, put really warm robe on, cook 2 eggs and 2 pieces of sausage (I found some at Kroger last week that you can microwave for 30 seconds inside their bag). I also made sure to drink a very full glass of ice water
Eat, get dressed, put on make up.

10:15- have a handful of almonds- did you know they really fill you up! I also made sure during that class to down a whole bottle of water.

Lunch:
A couple of days I had tuna mixed with a little mayo and dill pickles and then a salad. I used celery to dip my tuna. The other days I had left over meat from dinner and broccoli.

I only felt the need for an afternoon snack a couple of days and I chose to eat celery or cut up cucumbers.

Gym: On Monday the lady next to me burned 400 calories in 38 minutes just by walking on the treadmill at a high incline...AND she was old and chubby so I KNEW I could do that! (My chiropractor has told me no running for a while because I have pinched nerves in my neck, so I have to speed walk) Anyways, every day I did the treadmill for 20 minutes, the eliptical for about 10 minutes, then I walked slowly for about 5 minutes. Then I did this ab machine thing until I couldn't anymore. On Tuesday I found a hip weight thing that is supposed to tone your hips (Mine are all lard right now)...I can't tell a difference yet but I know it burns when I do it...so hopefully soon I will notice a difference.

Dinner: I don't really remember all the dinners we had...Fish one night (they season it for free at Ingles), Prime rib one night, Steak one night, Teryaki chicken with teryaki vegetables....I really cannot remember the others.

I made some pudding with whipping cream which had no carbs and it was good...I think I ate that 3 nights.

This post is already really long...If I have time in my busy schedule tomorrow I will post about our engagement. My mom and dad are coming down on Thursday to go look at the church and our (hopefully) reception site.

1 comment:

Sue said...

This is all so exciting! Anxiously awaiting more details! And praying for this dizzying, busy-ing time!