Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our engagement

I have to apologize in advance because there are only pictures of my and the dog in this post...non of Brandon. We actually haven't taken any pictures since we got engaged....well not together...I have taken plenty of the ring :)

Before I get started you will all need a little background knowledge since I have never said anything about Brandon before...

Brandon LOVES to hunt...if he is not teaching or coaching, he wants to be in the woods. For the past year Brandon has had to build in time for me and he has been really good about not hungting ALL the time, especially since I never go with him.

He has mostly kept the hunting to the weekends when I can go spend time with my girlfriends, but the last few weeks he has gone once a week to hunt with a friend from work. My only complaint has been that they get back SO late and then we don't get to spend time together. Brandon and I eat all of our meals together, so of course we plan out our meals and shop accordingly. If he's going hunting, we usually plan to go out to eat. Well, I have LEARNED my lesson about that...after two weeks of sitting around until 9 or 10pm with nothing to eat because they killed something and were late getting home...I REFUSE to go out to eat on a hunting night. Our little town closes up at 10pm and there are not even fast food places open!

Last Monday Brandon asked me if I wanted to go out to eat on Thursday after he gets back from hunting with his friend. I promptly said ABSOLUTELY NOT! He was kind of disappointed but understanding and I said I would cook whatever he wanted. So I cooked teryaki chicken on Thursday night and veggies marinated in teryaki sauce...his favorite. He got home around 7:15 and I was watching 16 and pregnant. Brandon hates that show, but I was really into it on this particular day (I always give my self one sleezy show to watch...probably bad, but I do). I did not change the channel and of course some sleezy show that I HATE came on next and Brandon said "oh I like this, leave it here"...So I curled up in my blanket on the couch and fell asleep.

A couple of hours later Brandon started bothering me. I figured he wanted me to go to my bed so I wasn't sleeping on the couch...nice but I wasn't moving. Then he says, "really honey there is something wrong with Ginny (our precious dog)". I responded "I'm sure you can handle it". He says "No, really she has this lump on her kneck will you feel it?" *You have to understand Ginny has really bad skin allergies so this is totally normal* I was getting kind of ticked because it was after 10pm and I was asleep. Finally he put the dog on top of me and put my hand on her collar. I said, "yup, I feel a lump" *still with eyes closed* Brandon says "OPEN YOUR EYES" and there was a beautiful 2 carat diamond ring on Ginny's collar. Then I started jumping for joy and immediately called my mommy!


Ginny is a miniature shnauzer specialty breed. She got hit by a car about 8 weeks ago and we are SO blessed that God saved her! She got hit by the local vet...not funny but funny.

Okay, off to the gym before they close all the roads for the Christmas parade!!!

No comments: